In the course of our engineering development, our team at Dlive has discovered some optimal network settings to ensure Streamers can successfully broadcast across the network. Please set up the following Network Settings to ensure your client has good network discovery.
Allow dlive.exe through the Windows Defender Firewall.
- Open Control Panel → System and Security → Windows Defender Firewall → Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on Change settings to be able to add the Dlive application.
- Click on Allow another app…
- Click Browse, and navigate to the directory containing dlive.exe. Add the application to the Windows Defender Firewall list.
- Scroll down to dlive.exe and check the box for both Private and Public. Click OK.
Enable Network Discovery
- Open Control Panel → Network and Internet → Network and Sharing Center → Change advanced sharing settings.
- Find the dropdown for your current profile, typically either Guest or Public.
- Click the radio button “Turn on network discovery” for your profile(s).
SSDP Discovery and UPnP Device Host Service Start
- Open the Services program.
- Double click SSDP Discovery, set the Startup type to Automatic, start the service, click Apply, and then OK.
- Double click UPnP Device Host, set the Startup type to Automatic, start the service, click Apply, and then OK.
After making these 3 changes, reboot your Windows machine. Once Windows reboots, double-check the settings and services are still configured correctly.
After installing and launching Dlive.exe, in the Welcome dashboard, choose "Stream" and then "Get Started".
Enter your Display Name and optional Personal Bio and click "Continue".
Enter the stream title and optional stream content info and click "Finish".
Click Continue to add your public Tron wallet address to receive tips. For more details see guide "Tipping and Donations".
This dashboard will show the status of setup steps. We have competed the create profile step. Click on the "View Player" button.
Dlive Protocol recommends using OBS Studio for the best streaming experience.
In the Stream Player window, click on the "Stream info" and click the "Copy" button to the right of the Stream Key.
Start the OBS Studio program and navigate to Stream → Stream Player. Set the stream Service field to Custom. Input rtmp://localhost/app as the Server URL and input your Stream Key from the step above. Click OK to save the settings.
Under Sources, click the “+” sign to add Audio and Video. Click on Video Input Capture → OK, and select your desired video capture device under the Device dropdown menu. Then click OK and you will see your video source listed, as well as displayed in the main OBS screen. Similarly, click on Audio Input Capture and select your audio device.
Click the Start Streaming button in the main view to begin streaming on the application.
Go the the Dlive Protocol Stream player window and click on "Stream info" and "Copy" next to Magnet Link field. Share the magnet link and other Dlive Protocol users can connect and view your stream. Alternatively, you can click on the "Share" button to copy the magnet link and make a new Twitter Tweet.
To ensure successful streaming to your audience, adjust the OBS settings based on your hardware and internet speed.
Suggested OBS Studio Settings
|Output/Streaming||Video Bitrate||500 - 1500 kbps*|
|Output/Streaming||Audio Bitrate||64 - 128|
|Video||Common FPS Values||10 - 30*|
*Settings are highly dependent on video encoding hardware and Internet upload speeds
Updated 5 months ago